The PhysicalMind Institute®, based in New York, teaches what they call The Method Pilates as originally prescribed by Joseph Pilates over 70 years ago. What sets them apart is the fundamental exercises on which all other mat and equipment exercises are based and build from there. This approach gives the teacher an ability to skillfully modify each exercise for a wide variety of client needs.
PhysicalMind Institute®, started in 1991, is the original Pilates Certifying Organization. Today it is widely recognized for creating instructors who are easily employable nationwide.
FOR COURSE DATES REQUEST INFO BELOW
This comprehensive apparatus program includes a complete training manual and 10 modules of classroom time on weekends. Participants earn apprentice teaching opportunities and mentorship.
· 50 hours of in-person classroom learning
· Reformer, Chair, Cadillac, and Barrels repertoire
· Observation and self-directed practice
· Online videos, case studies and specific homework assignments
· Client intake and assessment
· Principles, Osteoporosis, Alignment, Kendall Postural Assessment, Injuries, and much more.
· Supervised student teaching and hands-on mentorship
About your facilitator:
Stephanie Vanderbeck became a Physicalmind Certified Pilates Instructor in 2003-2004. With a background in fitness, Stephanie is a graduate of University of New Orleans (BS Exercise Physiology). She is certified by the American College of Sports Medicine (HFI) and RYT200 Yoga, adding dimensions of personal training and yoga to her teaching. Stephanie served as co-owner and Rehab Coordinator for Integrated Spine and Disc where she practiced spinal x-ray analysis and posture correction while teaching Pilates apparatus.....continue