SPRINGBOARD: PILATES BEST KEPT SECRET
Springboard--Here's why you need it!
Springboard class is a mat-based Pilates workout that uses springs and levers attached to the wall-mounted “springboard”. This sweat-inducing class fuses classical pilates mat (which is super challenging in its own right) with pilates equipment training, all at a lower price point.
So why try a Springboard class? Even if you regularly take reformer classes, incorporating some Springboard classes will help you quickly break through that fitness plateau.
1. Arm springs and leg springs keep your muscles under constant tension. This is like lifting weights with very little rest between exercises. Class is designed to maximize your strength & muscle gains in minimal time.
2. You perform movements slowly, which ramps up the intensity (think quivering muscles and higher heart rate).
4. Works each side of body separately, creating muscle BALANCE (NOT always true with reformer). Muscle balance is critical for athletic performance and injury prevention.
5. CORE, CORE, and more CORE. Did we mention CORE?
6. Amazing stretching for your tight back with the Springboard's roll-down bar. Joe Pilates' famous quote is, "You are only young as your spine is flexible”.
If your New Year's goal is to be in the best shape of your life in 2016, try Springboard classes and feel your body change! We highly recommend a combination of Reformer and Springboard 3-4x per week for best results.